Educación / universidades
The Biomarkers and Nutritional & Food Metabolomics research group (Faculty of Pharmacy and Food Science, UB) is seeking a highly motivated ANALYTICAL CHEMIST with a Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry, to join our group. The selected candidate will make a significant contribution to research activity within the group, by performing specialized and technical duties to assist in the operation and maintenance of a Nutritional Metabolomics laboratory involved in several European Projects (information below), and integrating with our main research strength, biomarkers and nutritional metabolomics. Preference will be given to highly motivated candidates with experience in liquid chromatography mass spectrometry, nutrition, bioinformatics or statistics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform specialized and technical duties to assist in the operation and maintenance of the laboratory
- To carry out the tasks of the European projects of the group, including targeted or untargeted metabolomics studies
- To carry out quantification of targeted or untarget studies with mass spectrometry
- To be responsible for the treatment and interpretation of metabolomics data.
- To support the research group in the design and development of the research programme
- Maintain equipment in proper working order
- Maintain records related to work performed
- Meet schedules and time lines
the BIOMARKERS AND NUTRITIONAL & FOOD METABOLOMICS research group (http://www.nutrimetabolomics.com
Selection of active projects of the group (2018-2023):
1. EIT-Health/H2020.Providing Personalized digital eating solution to motivate healthy dietary habits and prevent chronic diseases. COOK2Health (C2H). Innovation by Design.
2. EU JPI HDHL-METADIS Tailored Carbohydrate Quality for Personalized Weight Management and Metabolic Health Carb-Q-4-Health
3. MARATON TV3. Food bioactive compounds and prostate cancer risk in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) study. Scientific bases for future dietary recommendations.
4. EIT-Health/H2020.Innovating the joy of eating for healthy ageing
5. EU JPI HDHL-INTIMIC. Diet and microbiome based metabotypes for the determination of cardiometabolic risk and adapt intervention strategies for health improvement (DiGuMet
6. EU JPI HDHL- Nutrition and Cognitive Function Identification of dietary modulators of cognitive ageing and brain plasticity and proof of concept of efficacy for preventing/reversing cognitive decline (D-CogPlast)
7. EU - JPI HDHL Joint Action -INTESTINAL MICROBIOMICS ACTION. Gut and blood microbiomics for studying the effect of a polyphenol-rich dietary pattern on intestinal permeability in the elderly (MAPLE).
8. ICREA Academia 2018 Award
4. How to apply
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference code “Name”_technician_2020. All data will be treated confidentially.
Successful shortlisted candidates may be notified of their interview times by telephone and/or e-mail and it is therefore essential you include both of these in your application.
The first interview may be on Skype, please add a Skype contact.